Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wet on Wet Still Life Painting

Today turned out to be a great painting day. I was at the grocery store and got really excited by all the fun colors in the produce section. I decided to go with the big red tomato and bright yellow pepper. I love these! I bought the polka dot fabric place mat at the dollar store the other day. I had fun painting these though I had a couple moments of doubt that they'd turn out the way I wanted. I am happy with how they turned out. This painting was a great practice piece in wet on wet painting. I wanted to finish them in one session and I did. I started out by priming the canvas with a neon green acrylic paint. I thought it would be a fun color to peek through where I let it. Oh, and I took an extra picture to give a better idea of how the painting turned out. I don't know what's up with my camera...or maybe it's operator error. Can't wait to see what I paint next! :)


"Quite a Pair"
11" x 14"
Oil on canvas
Amber L. Bailey








No comments:

Post a Comment