Sunday, September 27, 2009

Second Time a Charm?


I think I may be happier with the way this figure turned out. This is another charcoal on paper drawing I'll call "Nude Web Surfer" just for fun. This was another study with light and shadow...and of course, the male figure. I'm having to take myself back to college and remember the fundamentals of figure drawing to enable myself a bit and to avoid becoming too frustrated. It worked. I stopped worrying so much about the outcome of the drawing and remembered to concentrate on the information in front of me. What tonight's drawing session showed me is that I still have it! I was concerned that maybe I had become too accustomed to working from photographs. All in all, a good night with sharpening my figure drawing skills.
-Amber L. Bailey
"Nude Web Surfer" Charcoal on paper 18" x 24"

No comments:

Post a Comment