Thursday, April 17, 2014

Malicia Portrait



Malicia
14 x 18 inches
oil on canvas
Amber L Bailey



This is my final piece for the semester. It meets my proposal in that it ties in the portrait with a background. My initial thoughts about using different backgrounds was to achieve some sort of contrast to the face, as opposed to having color backgrounds. What I ended up achieving was also somewhat of a narrative. The backgrounds provide some context to the portrait. This portrait in particular has a dreamlike quality due to the childlike color choices and twinkling lights in the background. The bridge also has meaning, partially of romance but also of crossing over things in life. I like the direction my work has taken and would like to continue on a similar path using faces and figures with backgrounds, possibly starting to play more with different emotions and facial expressions. Screaming, smiling, laughing, are some of my ideas. This piece is 14" x 18" oil on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment