Thursday, August 16, 2012

"Lady in Scarlet"

"Lady in Scarlet"
24" x 24"
Oil on canvas
Amber L Bailey
This is another one that just rolled onto the canvas and I am SO happy with it! People love to ask how long it takes me to paint things...so this one took me about 2.5 hours. I am just so happy with the color combination, the expression..everything! I can't think of a better way to shake off a rough work week than with a fun new painting! I had a solo show of my work at A Loft hotel last week and made a couple sales which was great. I can't wait to show this one coming soon.

In this piece I used mostly the same palette except in the background I went with Prussian Blue instead of French Ultramarine Blue or phthalo blue. It's a great contrast to the rich red. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment