Thursday, March 3, 2011

"In Red"

"In Red"
24" x 36"
Oil on Canvas
Amber L Bailey
$400.00

I've recently become interested in the idea of cropped figures, like those of Laura Lacambra Shubert. Many of her cropped figures are even far more cropped than mine shown above. The idea that a portion of a figure can be the subject of a compelling piece of art excites me. Her work has given new meaning to photos I had tucked away. I picked up and began clipping them into pieces, and this is how I came up with "In Red." I will continue to play with this idea and I have several more clippings prepared for new pieces.

Updates on RAM:

I have my display tent! I ordered in online and it came within 2 days. I still have some things to prepare for RAM on March 12th. One of the most important things - weights for my tent. Wouldn't it be fun to go chasing my tent and art work down after one of these March gusts takes it away? lol.

Anyway, I'll be there, under the bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment