Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Glam

"Glam"
6" x 12"
Oil on canvas
Amber L Bailey
$190.00
I am having fun with this new dimension, and I bought a new color - permanent rose. I've been thinking more lately about putting what I enjoy in life into my paintings, and I'd say it's working on the inspiration front. I think if I tried to explain my thought process and "meaning" it would be watered down and wouldn't make much sense. In this piece I wanted to experiment with more abstract color and shape, which is where the color blocks come in. Other inspiration - pin up girls, fashion, pink, portraits, pop art...
At my last show people kept asking "who is that?" in the "Flawless" painting below. I just say "every woman." That is sort of my theme - people, women, life; not always individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment